Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Master the Look: Breezy Bride to Be 101



I had the pleasure of doing makeup for a family member's bridal shower and here are some things I used that day ( and that I use frequently on brides to be!)

1. Glowing Skin- The key to this (besides having the luxury of living a beautiful and sunny city everyday)is using a sheered foundation only where you need it. I used Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer, a very little of it goes a long way. Next I dusted a bit of Laura Mercier's Loose Mineral Powder in Warm Bronze, and last a bit of a highlighter in Albatross, from NARS.



2. The simple daytime smokey - The key to this is a nice primer, soft browns, and waterproof eyeliner! I first used eyeshadow primer from Too Faced "Shadow Insurance". Next I lined the eye with Fluidline from MAC in "Blitz and Glitz" ( a black with flecks of gold) on the lashline and in the water line, very lightly. The Essential Eye Shadow Palette #1 is what was used to create the light smoke. Lastly I coated the lashes with Christian Dior's Iconic Mascara.

3. Nude lip- Korres Lip butter in Guava to hydrate & Korres wild Cherry Lip Gloss in Nude #33 ( or even Natural Purple #25) of course the best base is a lip liner in your natural lip shade!

3. Tools- For the eyes I used the Stila eye brush #15, MAC small angled eyeliner brush #266 and MAC tapered blending #224. For the face the Stila foundation brush & Blush brush #24

1 comment: